Orlando, Fla. – March 14, 2017 – PlanSource announced today the launch of Andromeda, its spring product release. Available to all PlanSource customers and partners, the release is one of the first online technologies to feature mobile-friendly benefits enrollment.
“There are a lot of people out there who don’t have regular access to a laptop or desktop computer, making online benefits enrollment difficult,” said Dayne Williams, CEO of PlanSource. “We’ve solved that with the Andromeda release by making benefits enrollment possible anywhere and on any device. This gives consumers much better access to education and information about their benefits and a simpler way to enroll in valuable coverage.”
New user experience developed using responsive design
Plansource’s new employee experience was developed using responsive design. This means that employees can shop for and enroll in benefits on any device, whether it is on a laptop, tablet or phone and, unlike a mobile app that consumers have to download, the site will simply adapt and work on any size screen.
The new employee experience was built to make the benefits shopping and enrollment experience as easy and intuitive as possible. It includes cards to display plan options, sliders for making selections and concepts that consumers are already familiar with such as a shopping cart and a checkout process.
Along with the new employee experience, the Andromeda releases contains multiple other enhancements, including:
- New navigation in the administrator interface – The navigation within the PlanSource administrator user interface has been redesigned and simplified to provide a streamlined, more user-friendly experience.
- New reports center – The reports area of the system has been updated with a modern look, a more intuitive workflow, dashboards and report descriptions.
- Report enhancements – Updates and enhancements have been made to many of the standard reports Human Resources teams use to track and monitor benefits programs.
- Expanded business rules – More options are available for administering 401(k) accounts and configuring how employee groups are managed in the system.
- APIs and integrations – Andromeda includes enhanced APIs for handling Evidence of Insurability, payroll deductions, and updates to employee and dependent demographic information, as well as deepened integration with MetLife.
New portfolio of professional services
In addition, all PlanSource customers now have full access to the professional services added by the recent acquisition of Next Generation Enrollment, including COBRA administration, benefit account administration, employee contact center, total benefits outsourcing, dependent verification and custom employee communications
More details about the Andromeda release can be found at www.plansource.com/release. PlanSource launches major software releases four times a year and conducts ongoing updates and minor enhancements as needed throughout the year. View the PlanSource product release schedule at www.plansource.com/releases.
Vice President of Marketing & Communications
PlanSource is a technology company driven to create a better benefits and HR experience for employers and their employees. By offering flexible and intuitive software for benefits administration, insurance exchanges and human capital management, PlanSource’s complete cloud-based technology helps nearly 10,000 employers and 3.5 million consumers with benefits shopping, enrollment, billing, compliance and administration. Learn more at www.plansource.com.
PlanSource is a registered trademark of PlanSource Benefits Administration, Inc., and PlanSource owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Director of Communications, PlanSource