Third annual benefits and HR conference brings together hundreds of HR professionals, insurance representatives, brokers and industry leaders
Half Moon Bay, California – July 31, 2018 – PlanSource, a leading provider of cloud-based benefits administration technology, kicked off the first full day of Eclipse 2018 today, the company’s annual benefits and HR conference.
Set at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay, Eclipse 2018 features dozens of information-rich sessions, speakers with vast industry expertise and evening events that embrace the breathtaking venue and coastal setting.
In his opening keynote address, PlanSource CEO Dayne Williams announced several new product enhancements and services designed to simplify how companies manage their benefits. Chief among these was the unveiling of a new HR user experience and a self-service renewal tool, which simplifies the annual renewal process and gives HR teams much more control over how they set up, configure and implement their employee benefits plans.
“The benefits industry is incredibly complex.” said Dayne Williams, speaking before a standing-room-only crowd of more than 350 attendees. “As leaders in the HR and benefits community, we have an obligation to provide clarity: to help HR teams work more efficiently and get the most out of technology, to simplify complicated processes and to educate employees so they can make better benefits choices for themselves and their families.”
Eclipse 2018 Highlights
Rob O’Neill, retired Navy SEAL team leader who served during some of the most challenging military operations of modern times, delivered the second keynote of the day. O’Neill shared what he learned during his more than 400 combat missions, and how those lessons can be applied in the workplace. He shared his views on the ingredients to a successful mission: the right people, preparedness, decision making under pressure, and, above all, a commitment to never quitting.
Rob O’Neill is joined at Eclipse by numerous speakers and industry experts, including Amanda Lannert, CEO of Jellyvision, Anne Burkett, National Practice Leader at USI, Janine Truitt, Chief Innovations Officer at Talent Think Innovations, Laurie Ruettimann, Founder of LFR LLC, Mark Rieder, SVP of HR Technology at NFP, Mark Stelzner, Founder of IA HR and Meredith Ryan-Reid, Senior Vice President of Group Benefits at MetLife.
“Running HR and benefits has become consistently more difficult, as employees are more tech savvy and expect their experience at work to match what they’ve grown used to as consumers,” said Mark Stelzner, who will present at the closing session of Eclipse. “HR teams don’t have a choice — it’s time to catch up, and Eclipse provides an excellent forum to come together and learn methods necessary to enable and extend the digitization of HR.”
Announcements made at Eclipse
PlanSource Product & Infrastructure Innovations
- New HR Experience – the PlanSource benefits administration experience for HR Teams is being redesigned to streamline common tasks, consolidate information and create a modern workflow. The new experience will be rolled out in phases starting in December 2018 and running through 2019, giving users the opportunity to gradually become accustomed to the new design and provide feedback.
- Self-Service Renewal – launching to select customers Q4 2018, this new tool builds on years of research and uses smart defaults, artificial intelligence and data-driven metrics from the PlanSource system to drastically simplify the annual renewal process for HR Teams.
- Jellyvision – new integration with Jellyvision’s ALEX, a personalized, virtual decision support tool, guides employees through the PlanSource benefits shopping and enrollment process. Read more.
- Developer Portal –a central hub for technical documentation and guidance for building new integrations and connecting to existing ones though PlanSource APIs and integrations.
- New Contact Center System – award-winning technology implemented to deliver a seamless customer experience with employees via email, chat and phone.
Insurance Carrier Updates
- MetLife Freedom Plan – a program for select brokers that provides unparalleled savings and freedom from administrative burdens for companies that use PlanSource benefits software and offer MetLife insurance products to their employees.
- Aflac Ease – PlanSource is now a partner in Aflac’s new Aflac Ease Solutions, combining its software and services with Aflac’s widely known voluntary benefits to form an end-to-end voluntary benefits solution for brokers and their clients.
- Cigna Dental – dental insurance products from Cigna are now available through the PlanSource Advantage program, a strategic partnership program between PlanSource and select insurance carriers.
- New PlanSource Advantage partners – several insurance carriers joined the partner program, including: Liberty Mutual, Mutual of Omaha and Voya
“Our goal with Eclipse is to create an experience that attendees can’t get at any other conference,” said Nancy Sansom, Chief Commercial Officer of PlanSource. “We’ve focused on providing a unique mix of tailored, fast-paced content delivered by insightful speakers and ample networking opportunities at a spectacular venue. We want our attendees to come away feeling invigorated, informed and inspired with new ideas that will make a big impact on their business and those they serve.”
For more information about Eclipse 2018, visit https://eclipse.plansource.com/ and follow the event on social media at #PSEclipse.
Vice President of Marketing & Communications
PlanSource is a technology company driven to create a better benefits and HR experience for employers and their employees. Nearly 3.5 million consumers receive their benefits through the PlanSource platform, which provides flexible and intuitive software and services for benefits administration and human capital management. By combining industry-leading software and a full suite of professional services, PlanSource provides companies of all sizes with a complete solution for benefits shopping, enrollment, billing, compliance and administration. Learn more at www.plansource.com.
PlanSource is a registered trademark of PlanSource, Inc., and PlanSource owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Director of Communications, PlanSource