C A S E S T U D Y
The CORE Group
Automated benefits administration and a mobile-friendly employee
experience deliver serious time savings and efficiency for
The CORE Group’s dispersed, rapidly growing team.
Between rapid growth and a highly dispersed workforce, The CORE Group needed an automated benefits administration system that was simple and mobile-friendly for its 70% field employees and sophisticated enough to handle the group’s complex benefits needs.
Additionally, with benefits information not readily available to employees due to paper-based processes, HR was bogged down with questions they would have to reach out to their broker on – slowing everyone down. Employees simply didn’t have self-service access to their benefits or any educational tools to help them understand their options and make the best decisions.
- 54 offices in all 50 states made keeping up with compliance impossible using paper
- 12x growth took the company from 50 employees to 625+ in less than 10 years
- Effective communication was difficult with 70% of employees located in the field
- Employees didn't understand their benefits, causing low engagement and lots of questions for HR
From mobile-friendly benefits shopping to highly configurable benefits workflows, PlanSource helps The CORE Group scale its incredible growth by making benefits available everywhere. Not only did The CORE Group move from an entirely paper-based benefits process to PlanSource’s online platform, but the group also integrated its BambooHR HR system for seamless data exchange and single sign on (SSO) between the two systems.
The online platform also saves HR a ton of time answering questions – HR feels more equipped to answer questions themselves, rather than having to go back to the broker, and employees are asking fewer of them overall. Instead, they’re now signing on to the PlanSource platform throughout the year to do their own research and are using the library of educational benefits videos. The whole experience has become much more streamlined and user friendly for them.
- Automate manual processes
- Mobile-friendly solution for benefits shopping and enrollment
- Easily track employee enrollment events and state compliance
- Employee education and engagement via educational video library
- HR system integration with BambooHR
- 2 hours saved per new hire with educational videos
- 30 minutes saved per life event change
- 50% of employees enrolled within the first 2 days of open enrollment
- Weeks of HR time saved at open enrollment
- 5 hours saved per employee per year in HR admin back-and-forth
“Mobile enrollment specifically has been a huge time saver for us. Most of our employees are on the road – they’re in their cars; they’re not sitting at a computer. To have the full site available on their mobile device really helped us."
Andrea Evanter, SVP of Human Capital
ABOUT THE CORE GROUP
The CORE Group is a food manufacturing company that sells primarily to ‘non-grocery’-related businesses, including schools, prisons, and airports. Growing quickly over the past decade, the company now has a total of 54 offices across all 50 states and a workforce of more than 625 employees. Their relationship with PlanSource began in 2012 with a full transition from paper to online benefits administration.