Cellular Sales Soothes Benefits Bumps and HR Headaches with PlanSource
About Cellular Sales
Location: Knoxville, TN | Industry: Retail | Employees: 4868 | www.cellularsales.com
Cellular Sales was founded in 1993 as a cell phone retail kiosk in a mall in Knoxville, Tennessee. As the company grew, it made its independent sales representatives partners in new markets it opened, turning it from a single cell phone store into the nation’s largest retailer of Verizon Wireless. It now operates more than 560 retail stores across 28 states in the U.S.
The Story in a Nutshell
The Key Benefits
Process for Voluntary Benefits
Employee Lifecycle Tracking
Ben Admin and HR Services
Restructuring of staffing model presented numerous HR challenges
- Cellular Sales’ staff was roughly 90% independent contractors and 10% full-time employees; they made the decision to make all the contractors full-time employees
- This switch led to a sharp increase in administrative work due to the compliance requirements of full-time employees; a solution to support this massive restructuring was required
- They needed a more efficient way to offer voluntary benefits as well as a single platform to serve their tax filing, applicant tracking, onboarding, and benefits administration
Implemented a fully customizable HR and benefits solution
- In 2006, Cellular Sales implemented PlanSource for their suite of HR services, helping to smooth over the bumps during their time of massive growth and structural changes
- PlanSource helped set up customized payroll imports for each store location in addition to cost- and labor-saving HR services that made life easier for them during the restructuring of their employees
- As a Unum customer, Cellular Sales employees needed a simpler way to enroll in voluntary benefits. PlanSource’s Unum plugin does this by allowing employees to sign up directly within the Unum system, eliminating the middleman.
Comprehensive services make a more efficient benefits experience
- With so many discrete brick and mortar locations, it can be difficult to manage payroll and employee lifecycle tracking; PlanSource saves HR teams and district managers lots of headaches
- Employees have a more convenient and efficient benefits experience by being able to receive rates, Evidence of Insurability processing, and voluntary coverage directly from Unum
- PlanSource offers comprehensive and personalized services such as integration with ben admin, tax filing, and custom imports that relieve the workload for such a large and fast-growing company
See PlanSource in Action
See the Latest Release
We update the product to make it stronger and more secure, introduce new features and improve existing ones.
Watch The Newest Webinar
Check out our latest efforts at being thought leaders and subject matter experts while trying to solve your pressing problems.
Read Our Latest Press
Read about us in the news – someone else probably wrote it, but it’s possible that we did too. Regardless, it’s good info.