ABOUT AVENUE H
As a truly automated and paperless system, PlanSource replaced two legacy SaaS systems that mixed their “automated solution” with manual tasks. PlanSource brought efficiency and ease-of-use to Avenue H with a single platform for plan quoting, shopping, recommendation and enrollment, including data integration to insurance carriers.
Avenue H needed to shorten enrollment times and improve the efficiency of their benefits selection, enrollment and shopping processes.
In 2013, due to a manual onboarding process, enrollment could take as long as 90 days to complete. To solve this, Utah state officials needed a solution that:
- Provided a true end-to-end, automated solution that would not require manual intervention. Neither of their existing providers had this ability.
- Had robust shopping and enrollment tools to allow for plan comparisons and dynamic cost calculations, as well as a strong database that could ensure data integrity and security.
- Ensured that they were compliant with the new rules and regulations under the Affordable Care Act.
Built a new exchange using PlanSource OneMarket, a cloud-based end-to-end benefits exchange platform.
After a thorough evaluation process which vetted four different companies including the incumbent, the Avenue H evaluation team chose PlanSource to power their online exchange.
- In July 2013, just four months before the start of open enrollment, PlanSource was officially hired to power the Avenue H online health insurance and benefits exchange.
- The PlanSource platform provides automated onboarding, plan quoting and employer shopping, employee shopping, personalized plan recommendations, enrollment, eligibility data management, and data distribution to insurance carriers for Avenue H.
Avenue H has become a model for state-run exchanges; has the second highest enrollment rate among state exchanges.
In less than 4 months, Avenue H successfully launched the new, automated solution in a timely and cost-effective manner before the start of open enrollment. Highlights:
- An enrollment process that previously took employers as long as 90 days to complete can now be handled in less than an hour.
- Avenue H has the second highest enrollment rate among state exchanges, surpassing states with much higher populations, including California and Massachusetts.
- To date: more than 650 employers participate on the exchange, over 14,000 consumers have coverage via Avenue H, and has an 88% renewal retention rate.
Delivering a "Lights-Out" Implementation
With a short implementation of only four months, enrollment times that used to take employers as long as ninety days to complete can be handled in less than an hour. With a highly configurable system and an established network of health and ancillary benefit carriers, PlanSource deploys fast even with the most complex benefit programs, business rules and workforce configurations.