New Mobile App puts Power in the Hands of the Consumer for Quick, Easy Benefits Access
Orlando, FL – February 12, 2015 – PlanSource, which provides the leading cloud-based health exchange and benefits engagement platform, today announced the availability of the PlanSource Mobile App. The App, which is now available for free download through the Apple App Store, allows employees of organizations who use the PlanSource Platform quick and easy access to all of their benefits in one location via any iOS mobile device. Employers use the PlanSource Platform for benefits shopping, enrollment, billing and ongoing administration.
Developed to be streamlined and simple to use, the PlanSource Mobile App puts convenience and control in the hands of consumers so they can easily look up the details of the health, life, disability and other benefits they are currently enrolled in and make informed choices related to their benefits all year long. Within the App consumers can instantly access relevant details anytime about each elected plan, share their ID cards and store relevant healthcare contacts right in the palm of their hands.
Additionally, the App gives employers another way to seamlessly communicate with employees about benefits, events and other important information through push notifications.
“With over 75 million people using smartphones for health information and tools, PlanSource recognizes that consumers need multi-model access to their healthcare and related benefits throughout the year, not just during open enrollment,” said Jamie Walker, VP of Product and Consumer Engagement at PlanSource. “Our mobile application meets consumers where they are and puts important information at their fingertips 24/7.”
Key features of the new PlanSource Mobile App include:
- Secure Authentication – Users can rely on secure authentication ensuring safety and privacy of information.
- Quick & Easy Benefits Access – Ability for consumers to look up the details of the benefits they are currently enrolled in so that they can make more informed choices related to their benefits throughout the year.
- Store & Send ID Cards – Consumers can store their ID cards and share electronically with providers when needed.
- Receive Communications – Allows consumers to receive messages from their employers about benefits, events and other important information, keeping them informed on the iOS device they have right in their hands.
- Store Useful Contacts – Consumers can store useful benefits contacts including physicians, nurse lines and important health links right in the app for quick and easy access.
PlanSource provides the industry’s most flexible and extensible health exchange and benefits engagement platform in the cloud. More than 7,500 employers and 3 million consumers use the PlanSource Platform for benefits shopping, enrollment, billing and ongoing administration. PlanSource partners with leading insurance carriers, brokers and government entities to provide both exchange and non-exchange solutions to companies of all sizes.
PlanSource – One Source. Many Benefits.